Monday, January 25, 2016

Purple Iris Oil Painting, a work in progress



I am working on several paintings this month and have reached the final stages on two of my iris's.  The purple iris is in the evaluation period before it can be called 'finished'.  I already see a couple of items to rework: the beard on the right and darken the shades in the background on the upper half to have more contrast between the white petals and the soft yellows.

I could have simplified the petals  but I couldn't resist the challenge of the twists and folds real iris's have.  The idea is to use a photo reference and paint it the way it looks best to you and omit the irrelevant components.  And use the colors more fitting to your tastes.

I am also considering putting in a few green blades in the background.  For now, we will let this one dry some more and work on the other paintings.  Thanks for visiting my blog.  I would enjoy your comments.

God Bless You,

See all of my painting and prints for sale on thebartlettpair.com


No comments: