Friday, June 27, 2014

Texas Barn, Original Acrylic Painting

© Jimmie Bartlett, Artist
24 by 36 inch Acrylic Painting
Sold

There are several paintings I haven't blogged about as they were painted before starting this blog and this painting is one I am very proud of.  It is one of my first large paintings.

I painted the Texas Barn with acrylics on a huge 24 by 36 inch stretched canvas in 2005. The inspiration for the painting came during a vacation trip in the Texas hill country after seeing a few old barns with Texas Flags painted on them.  I wanted to put the composition I had envisioned on a large canvas with a barn as the focal point in remote woods with horses and cows in the scene.  So, from out of my head and some photo references, the composition came together.  The painting is of no particular barn or location. I just wanted to express the remoteness and expanse of the country in Texas, away from the fast pace of urban life and noise.  Some of  my thoughts in doing the work: the bull standing in the shade of the barn checking things out,  the mare looking at you, how many generations worked the ranch, how old is the tractor with stud wheels, the cattle in the background gently grazing, and the sounds of the windmill lifting the gift of water.  I hope you enjoy the painting as much as I did painting it.

God Bless You,

No comments: