Monday, May 7, 2012

Poppies in Blue Vase, Demo/Study

The Poppies in BlueVase painting is a freestyle painting I did for demonstration outdoors at the Burr, Texas Trade Days last weekend.  I paint at shows when possible to pass the time and customers like to see art in progress.

This painting was done without a reference and freely out of my imagination.  I don't mind people looking over my shoulder at the easel, as I can talk and paint at the same time.  After days of painting by myself in the studio, being able to talk with others about art is a real treat.  Especially with people wanting to learn to paint.  Who knows, maybe watching an old guy throw paint on a canvas might inspire them to give it a try.

The palette was:  Yellow ochre, Yellow Medium, Alizeran Crimson, Cad. Red, Prussan Blue, Black, White, Sap Green, Yellow Light, Unbleached White, some tidbit of Purple.

Acrylic paint on 14x11 inch canvas hardboard.


Thanks for looking.

Let us pray before we paint,
jimmie@jimmiesart.com

No comments: