Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life is Good


Life is good. Can't get better for these bovine. The ref. pic for this painting was taken in Chappel Hill, Texas a couple years ago. Again, finally getting a chance to work on it. I started it a few months ago and when I got back on it yesterday, I decided to eliminate some of the clutter that is in the photo. Used the palette knife to get rid of the background tree and posts. I plan to make the background more open and free and make these cows look like lazy laying in a field of bluebonnets. I think the tree in the background should be a sprawling oak. What do you think? Blue bonnets on an easy hill side in the background also.
Go Paint,
Jimmie

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

I'll look forward to seeing this one finished... you've got a terrific start!