Thursday, August 18, 2016

White Egret Basking in the Sun, An Original Painting by Jimmie

White Egret Basking in the Sun is an original acrylic painting on a 18 by 12 inch gallery wrapped canvas with edges painted black.

What do you think about it?  Do you think of the wind blowing through it's feathers and the brightness of the mid day?  I hope so, as that was the inspiration I had during the work.  My reference photo had great movement for painting the bird, but the background was drab and typical, so I used a portrait approach to add more color and interest.  Seabirds are very interesting to watch.  This little guy was standing on one leg with the other lifted high up out of sight posing just for me.

I hope you enjoy my blog and if you wish to purchase prints, please email me.  The original painting has sold.

God Bless You,
jimmie@jimmiesart.com


No comments: