Saturday, March 12, 2016

Portrait of a Spirited Horse

Portrait of a Spirited Horse is original art work painted in acrylics on a 18 by 12 inch gallery wrapped canvas. The horse was posing in his trailer and it was a perfect composition to use as a reference for painting.  I painted the portrait in a realistic mode and worked to capture the important features. The palette uses nearly all of the earth tones and some green to paint the rope. I used Payne's Gray enstead of black, and like the way it harmonized with the painting.

I will be offering this painting at my art shows, but should you have an interest in this horse portrait or commission work, contact me at Jimmie@jimmiesart.com.   I plan to have limited edition prints available soon.

Many Thanks to my good friend Dianne for the use of her photo.

God Bless You,
Jimmie Bartlett

No comments: