Friday, January 20, 2012

Rooster Cheesebox, a crafty project




The Rooster Cheesebox is a recyled box I found in an antique store and I can't seem to pass one up as I visualize crafty scenes I like to paint on them.  They make great keepsakes for decor or use.  I would like to think one could put almost anything in it: hot bread/buns, cake, pie, papers, pictures, ~~~I painted this one using acrylics and will be putting it in our booth in the Old Alvin Emporium Monday.

Let us pray before we paint,
jimmie@jimmiesart.com

4 comments:

Scott Ruthven said...

Wow, that is a very nice piece Jimmie. I could see that becoming an heirloom for someone.
Hope all is well with you,
Scott

Jimmie Bartlett said...

Thanks Scott, I like painting on the cheese boxes. Recyling something into art is fun. I am working on another one and will post it soon.

Artoholic said...

I have a soft spot for roosters, even if they are noisy too early in the day sometimes!

I used to breed bantams, and they had the most amazing coloured feathers.

Nice piece!

Cheers,

Cindy

Jimmie Bartlett said...

Thanks Cindy. We had a lot of roosters back in the day. Some real characters. I am happier just painting them rather than raising them. LOL Thanks for the comment.
Jimmie