Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Somewhere There is a Lighthouse, Original Oil Painting

Somewhere there is a lighthouse.  This oil painting is 6x8 inches and on canvas archival board.  Being an old sailor I love the water and all that goes with it, boats, the fish, beaches and far horizons, and especially lighthouses.  I painted the Hawaii Diamondhead last week and was still in the mood for painting a seascape, so I borrowed a little of the last composition to paint this lighthouse out of my head to put emphasis on the far horizon and more beach.  I had no restrictions, just the paint and brush.  A fun painting.  Hope you like it.  If you wish to purchase email jimmie@jimmiesart.com.

Let us pray before we paint,
Jimmie

Just as the Lighthouse guides the mariner in the darkest night, our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ is always here to love and guide us.

No comments: