Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flight Over Carancahua Bay, Original Oil Painting by Jimmie Bartlett


This is an alla prima oil painting of a Roseate Spoonbill flying over the wetlands of Carancahua Bay just off Texas Highway 35.  I painted the scene wet on wet technique on a 8x6 inch gesso'd masonite board yesterday.


Doing this painting brought back memories of when I was a kid fishing with my Dad in this very same spot.  We fished out of a little wooden boat with an old Johnson outboard on back. There wasn't any houses on the shoreline back then.  I haven't been fishing in several years but, Carolyn and I go down to the coast all the time, with cameras at the ready, and have just as much fun.  Sometimes we get lucky enough to capture something like a Roseate Spoonbill for me to paint. 

The painting has SOLD, but prints are available.  jimmie@jimmiesart.com .

I hope you enjoy the painting.

Jimmie Bartlett

No comments: