Monday, July 20, 2009

New Blog, New Painting, First Posting


Hello to all that click on my blog to see what I am doing and hopefully exchange helpful and interesting conversation about art. I paint daily and will post some pics of starters, in progress, and finished work. Feel free to post comments and questions. There is a lot to do to get this blog up to speed and I will be learning as I go. Any blogging tips or help you wish to share is appreciated.
I have a webite http://www.jimmiesart.com/, you can visit to see more of my artwork and more info about me. I will get to the artist profile and rest of the blog features as time permits, but first let's get some paintings posted to have something to talk about.
I finished the oil painting on the left last month. It is the "Mission Espiritu Santo de Zuniga" located in Goliad, Texas.
My wife and I visited the missions in Goliad and took lots of pictures to work from. The scene is in the summer, very hot, with a high sky. This painting is on a 16 x 20 stretched canvas. I used both palette knife and brushwork on this painting since the building has plaster type work on the walls. The knife was used to block in the sky and building and I brushed in the areas of fine detail. 

No comments: